$13 – owntherunway.com
$40 – warehouse.co.uk
$860 – cricket-fashion.com
I often find it hard to stay motivated when I look at the scale and don’t see immediate results. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting off the couch *sigh*. I’m sure everyone has been through this at least once while on there weight loss journey. That’s what prompted this exact blog post. So here we go!
1. Get a workout partner- This is the best thing I’ve ever done! Not only will working out be more fun, you also have someone that will push you to do your best. Also on those days when I want to lay on the couch and eat chips they give me that extra little encouragement to get up and workout. Choose your workout partner wisely lol!
2. Set a goal and stick to it- The statement itself is simple. If you have a smartphone get a workout app. I use RunKeeper, it helps keep track of how many miles I walk/run and how long it takes to complete it. Also there’s another cool feature where you set goals for the week/month whichever you choose. Last week I set a small goal of running 6 miles that week. Every other day I’d run 2 miles and before I knew it I reached my goal. Its always a good feeling when I see the little gold metal that says ‘good job’.
3. Take before and after pictures- The scale can be pretty depressing. I find that taking pictures every month or so can be a positive thing. Also using a tape measurer is more effective than looking at the scale.
4. Watching Extreme Makeovers (Weight Loss Edition)- I know this sounds silly but that’s where I get most of my motivation from. Seeing people that weigh more than me losing a significant amount of weight keeps me motivated as well. Also I like watching The Biggest Loser
5. Switch up your workout routine- Doing the same thing everyday will leave you bored with your workout. When I use to go to the gym I would do the same thing everyday. Soon I just stopped going because I was bored. So I started switching it up. I would try new gym equipment and I even started doing more of my workouts outdoors.
Here’s an update on my weight loss. 2 months ago I started out weighing 255 lbs. Today I weigh 220lbs and a total of 6 inches off of my waist. It hasn’t been easy but its definitely worth it. Finally fitting into clothes that I haven’t been able to wear in awhile is also a definite plus.
I would love to here about your weight loss stories so feel free to share!
So I woke up this morning and it was raining, and immediately I wanted to throw my covers back over my head. Instead I thought ‘hmm I haven’t written a blog post in awhile so might as well be productive’. For some reason I’m in a funky mood I don’t know why. I suppose everyone has days like that. So how’s the weather where you live? To all of my new and old followers how have you guys been? Thought I would just share some of my random thoughts with you all. Hope you guys are having a wonderful day! I know it has to be sunny somewhere lol
I’ve been on a weight loss journey for about 3 months now, it hasn’t been easy but the results are definitely worth it. There were times when I wanted to give up and times when I actually did give up. Instead of eating something healthy like fruits, veggies and yogurt, I would eat cookies and donuts. So trust me when I say it was HARD!!! Everyday I just had to keep reminding myself of how cute I’m gonna look in a two-piece, and that I’m getting closer and closer to my goal. So you wanna know how I lost the weight? Well I did a few things like drink ALOT of water! Whenever I “think” I’m hungry I drink water, because most of the time I’m not really hungry, just bored. Another thing is I drink green tea. The green tea I drink isn’t the typical green tea, its designed for weight loss. It’s call 3 ballerina green tea (Ill insert a photo below) basically it’s kinda like a laxative, it flushes out all of the toxins in the body and leaves you feeling great! It’s also safe to drink every day. I drink this twice a day, once in the morning and after a workout in the evening. I also workout almost everyday, whether I go to the gym for an hour and a half or go for a walk 2-3 miles on the trail. Anything is better than sitting on the couch! Protein is a big part of my diet. I eat alot of fish and drink whey protein. It’s good for building muscle as well as weight loss. And of course last but not least I eat ALOT and I do mean alot of vegetables and fruits also I try to eat some nuts (almonds and walnuts) which help with weightloss as well. Salads are my go to meals, whenever I want a hamburger ill eat a salad instead. I’m not saying you can’t have a hamburger every now and then, but for me if I eat one hamburger I’m going to want another lol. Ok I’m done rambling now, if you want to know more about specific excercises or specific meals that I eat free to leave a comment and ill be sure to answer and possibly do another blog post answering your question.
I’ve been pretty lazy with my blog post lately, partly because I didn’t know what I wanted to share or talk about. So I’m starting over (Not deleting my previous fashion post) however I think I want to focus more on beauty and fitness related topics. I’m currently on a mission to find my inner beauty as well as lose on weight along the way. So I hope that you will join me on this journey and I’ll be posting more often this time.